Saturday, October 5, 2013

The room... Before and After

Let me start off by saying I LOVE MY ROOM. It's not the "perfect" art room, but's its pretty good. I feel very lucky to have it! There's only one sink. That's the worst part, but everything else is wonderful! It's very spacious! The rectangle design did have me thrown for a loop, but now I really like it. I have one side that I have my carpet on, a bookshelf, art centers, my desk, cubbies, drying rack, and extra paper and supplies. The other side of the room have the student's desk and white board.

When I came in, I had no idea how I wanted to set it up. The tables were flipped on top of each other in the corner of the room and I had no idea how the last art teacher had it. But after brainstorming, I set to work!

This is the before...




I moved the desk around probably 10 times and moved my own desk around 4 times before I found where I wanted it. Since then, I've move my desk again, but I don't have any pictures of it right now. I've also added art centers since then.

After...




I've had to change a few things so far: One thing was the duct tape I put on the chairs for their table jobs, I removed because I have a few students who are allergic to Latex! I didn't want to chance anyone having any problems. This weekend I've come up with another idea though, so stay tuned! I've changed some of my bulletin boards as well. Pictures soon!

A lot of my ideas come from PINTEREST! I will add links to some of the wonderful other art teacher blogs that I frequent soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment