Saturday, October 5, 2013

New School, New Year!!

This year I've started my first full year teaching art at a wonderful elementary school! Everyone has been so helpful with the transition, including the students.

The first week of school we worked on making student portfolios. They all started with an 18"x 24" piece of white paper folded it in half to make a "suitcase". Next, I had them design their names however they like and then draw on and inside them of things they were interested in.

Because, we will have an art show sometime in the spring, I'll be keeping most of their artwork in these portfolios until that time. Then together we can pick out which of their works will be in the art show.

Funny thing happened the first week of school... the AC went out in my room! I was "art on a cart" for about a week. But the first day it was out, I was in a vacant room with no tables or chairs. That's why the children are on the floor! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment