Monday, November 11, 2013

Kindergarten Simple One Day Magic Lines

Last week, I wanted to round up our unit on line and color by having a fun quick lesson. To do this, I introduced the ever-famous crayon resist and watercolors.

White crayon and white paper! Even though I told them it was MAGIC, some of my kinders were skeptical and kept complaining that they couldn't see what they were drawing! :)

I went over the different types of line we see everyday and then some others we might not always see.  Next, they drew many different types of line across their paper using the white crayon. Lastly, they painted over their paper with watercolors. I asked them to cover their entire paper with paint. They LOVED seeing their lines finally appear! :)











Some were more interested in what colors their water was turnings than their art! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment